Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Farm Photos

your farmers! Todd and I with one of the feathery new residents


CSA member Zeev (with dad Dror) munches on a nasturtium flower


The construction begins! Friends and family help Todd and I transform an old hunting trailer into a new home for the chickens

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjmjjJulia (visiting from San Fran) suits up
kkk
Liz and Emily had the misfortune to be visiting us that weekend... I immediately put Liz to work
ohhh
my friend Ellen (with my dad) spent the whole weekend slaving at the farm
kkk
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmy mom, building the roosts
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
h gggggggggggggggggggggEllen & Todd install a window (pulled from the trash)
k
my dad and Todd put up some fencing

The chickens arrive!

j


Heather and Dror, with Todd


Zeev meets the chickens
jjhhhhh j
CSA member Emma Kottler is very enthused hhh my mom passes out a treat of cracked corn
o

jjjjjj
Emma explores the coopbbbbbbbbbbbbbmember Chris Whispell overcomes her fear of chickens
l

oooo
just two days after their arrival - our first eggs!

No comments: